- Who are we
- General Information
- Lesson Plan
- Magisterial Classes
- Field Trips
- Foreign Languages
- Master`s Degree Directed to
- Internships And Carrer Opportunities
- For More Information
In an increasingly complex and changing world, in the framework where the most important international issues have to be solved through the cooperation of all the States and International organizations, Spain needs to have a visible presence in the world stage. It is necessary, therefore, the education of professionals capable of facing to the big geostrategic, geopolitical and diplomatic challenges, in Defense, International security, Intelligence, and in the managerial level.
With this aim in mind, FESEI, with the participation of CEU-Abat Oliba, private institutions, and as collaborating entity, the Spanish Institute of Strategic Studies (IEEE), they have created the Master’s degree in: “Leadership, Diplomacy and Intelligence. Intelligence Analyst Officer”.
Areas and contents of the Master’s degree:
-Leadership: theoretical, operative and tactical
-Diplomacy: International Affairs, International Organizations, International law, Protocol
-Intelligence – Antiterrorism – Cyber security
-Geo-strategy – Geopolitics – Geo-history
-Defense and International security
-Governance and State Direction
The Master’s degree is directed to:
-Members of the Armed forces and State Security Forces
-Doctors, PhD students, and university graduates
-Company managers and intermediate managers
-Diplomatic Career Students
-Every person who wants to begin a professional working life in the analysis of the fields of Intelligence Leadership, Diplomacy, Counter-terrorism, Immigration, and in the different matters of the State
-Duration / schedule: On Friday: classes of foreign languages; On Saturdays: Master’s degree lessons. 600 hours, 60 credits ECTS (Bologna Process).
-Master’s beginning: On November 2020 (Official Opening Act).
-Master’s Ending: on October 2021
-Registration: € 8.880
Additional academic formation:
-Foreign Languages (Arab, Russian, French and English).
-Field trips. Institutional visits.
-Conferences (Intelligence experts and Diplomats).
-Specific preparation faced to the diplomatic career and access to public and private institutions.
-Tutorials and personalized follow-up. Vocational guidance and CV presentation.
*FESEI: Títulos e Instituciones reconocidos de interés general por el Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte, mediante Orden Ministerial de fecha 22/07/13 y Registro Asignado nº 1586. B O E – 2013 – 9077. Fundación de Estudios Estratégicos e Internacionales FESEI.
WHO ARE WE?
FESEI is a non-profit organization born with a clear vocational service to our society, with the aim to encourage a security and defense culture, mainly through its institutions: School of High Strategic and International Studies: EEEI, the Statesmen’s School: EE, Intelligence Analysts’ School: EAI and the School of Leadership: ELID. In Spain and in international academic scopes.
- The promotion of Spain abroad, high quality teaching, studies dissemination, research work, prospective intelligence, publications and international cooperation. In addition to the promotion of the security and defense culture as well as fostering employment directed mainly to our young unemployed people.
- The education of professionals with analytical skills and prospective knowledge, who can be capable of leading organizations and reducing uncertainty, as it is more and more demanded in the fields of the economy, defense and security, both at national and international level, and in the economic and managerial intelligence fields.
The Foundation organizes:
Master’s degree in “Leadership, Diplomacy and Intelligence. Intelligence Analyst Officer”.
Elaboration of Strategic Prospective Intelligence reports; in the managerial, economic, financial, political and social fields.
Agreements and Cooperation with public institutions and companies, in order to organize internships for our students.
High education courses directed to managers, intermediate managers and officials, in Spanish, French, English, Russian and Arabic.
Prospective research in collaboration with national and international university centers and institutions.
Courses, workshops, conferences, debates and round tables on diverse teaching aspects as: leadership, economic and managerial intelligence, cyberterrorism and cyber-security, prospective intelligence, international economy, graphology, geopolitical and geo-strategy affairs.
*Instituciones y Títulos reconocidos de interés general por el Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte, mediante orden ministerial de fecha 22/07/13 y Registro asignado 1586: FESEI-EEEI-EE. BOE 2013-9077.
– Place: Madrid.
– Date: From November, 2021 to October, 2022
– Limited places. Min. enrollment: 15
– 600 hours. 60 ECTS credits. European space of Higher education (Plan Bologna).
– Double degree enrollment. Proper title Universitat CEU-Abat Oliba / FESEI (Intelligence Analyst Officer).
MASTER’S DEGREE ENROLLMENT OPTION
Option A: Master’s Enrollment + Diplomatic preparation and access to public and private institutions: € 8,880 (possibility of payment divided into 12 installments). + Paid Internships. in the Intelligence Community, Ministry of Defense, Embassies and Consulates. Job Bank. Curricular Orientation.
Option B: Master’s Enrollment + Diplomatic preparation and access to public and private institutions. + 2 languages to choose from: Arabic language + history and culture of Islam, Russian and French: € 11.000 (possibility of payment in installments in 12 installments). + Paid Internships. in the Intelligence Community, Ministry of Defense, Embassies and Consulates. Job Bank. Curricular Orientation.
Optional Trips: oriented to the areas of security, defense, intelligence and counter-terrorism more directly related to our national interests at a strategic level: Melilla-Morocco, Brussels ( NATO and European institutions. EU), Israel-Palestine and Lebanon, Tunisia (Tunisian Diplomatic School + the Embassy of Spain), Turkey, Cyprus – Geneva, Estonia, Azerbaijan and Russia (Ministry of AA.EE + Ministry of Defense + University + Think Tank + Parliament). + Paid Internships. in the Intelligence Community, Ministry of Defense, Embassies and Consulates. Job Bank. Curricular Orientation.
* (Possibility of personalized fractioned payments and/or financing with Bank of Santander and BBVA bank).
On Friday: Foreign languages classes.
On Saturdays: Master’s degree classes.
– Eminently practical magisterial classes (simulations, practical cases, workshops …).
– It includes subject matter and additional documents.
– Workshops and Conferences given by national and international experts.
– Field activities will be completed in the areas of Leadership and operative and tactical Intelligence: search and gathering of information at ground level, operative tactics, interviews.
– Classes in English language, specially focused in the Diplomatic, Intelligence and Antiterrorism sphere. (Not included in the enrollment)
– Coaching and personalized monitoring, focused on the student’s academic development within the Master’s degree and its professional future.
– Presential or semipresential through platform: videos, documents, on-line tutorships, etc.
Module: International law.
Public international law.
Private international law (option diplomatic preparation).
Commercial and Civil law (option diplomatic preparation).
Module: National and International institutions.
International organizations and European Union.
Module: International Economy and Development Cooperation.
General and Public sector economy.
International economy. Global Economic‐Financial Analysis.
European Union economy.
Module: International relations.
International relations and Foreign policy.
Analysis, evolution and decision making in the international relations.
Module: Leadership and Intelligence.
Managing skills. Direction and Leadership in Intelligence. Tactical leadership.
Graphology and Biometric intelligence. Specialty Counter-terrorism.
Human Intelligence skills. Information gathering. OIT.
Beginning and Essentials of the Intelligence.
History of the Intelligence. Errors analysis.
The Intelligence Analyst Officer. Level 3. (Chief Executive Officer. CEO).
Skills and Hardware of Analysis:
Advanced analysis Level 1:
The New Cycle of Intelligence.
Critical Thinking ‐ Creative Thinking.
Structural analysis of Problems.
The Applied Analysis of Intelligence.
Functionalities of the Analysis.
Application of Analysis Techniques.
Descriptive Analysis Techniques.
Structured Analysis Techniques.
Estimated Analysis Techniques.
Predictive Analysis Techniques.
PEMESII ‐ ASCOPE Techniques
Advanced analysis Level 2:
Strategy and Systemic prospective.
Generation of Ideas.
Study of Variables. Structural analysis.
Retrospective study of Actors. Strategic analysis.
Analysis of the Actors’ Strategies. MACTOR Method.
Building of Future Scenarios by Analysts. Morphologic analysis.
Building of Future Scenarios by Experts. Delphi Method.
Scenarios Handling and tool for the Decision making process. Crossed Impacts Method.
Advanced analysis Level 3:
Reports writing. Briefing ‐ Debriefing. Informative note.
Communication and Interpretation. Nonverbal language.
Information sources. Internet. Social networks.
Economic, Managerial and Competitive intelligence.
Module: Antiterrorism and Geo-strategy.
Geo-strategy and Geopolitics. Conflicts analysis.
Geopolitics of the migrations: the migratory flows. Its consequences.
Counter-intelligence and Antiterrorist Security.
Cyber-security. Cyberterrorism. Bioterrorism.
National and International terrorism. Advanced models of Information and Intelligence.
Strategy of Security and National and International Defense.
Module: State Leadership and Direction.
State Protocol: Official and Social.
Debate and Decision making skills.
Theoretical classes with an important practical content.
The first classes are given by the teachers of the Foundation, intelligence analysts, completed with conferences of prominent people coming from the intelligence, diplomatic, security and defense sphere, such as ambassadors, members of foreign diplomatic corps, military commanders, etc.
After the theory, the students will complete individual and group practices in order to cement the acquired knowledge and to develop its skills in the topics covered during the class; the work inside the classroom, of dynamic, constant and practical form, is the point of reference of the Master’s degree curriculum development.
Intensive formative course. We visit the most relevant European institutions like the European Parliament, the European Commission, the European Union’s External Action Service and the Communications Networks, Content and Technology (in the sphere of the cyber-security). Also the NATO Control Center is visited.
Formative course on immigration, counter-terrorism, drug smuggling and organized crime. Visits of the autonomous city’s key institutions related to the security, defense and intelligence sphere. Visit of the Consulate of Spain in Nador (Morocco) and the border area with Algeria.
Arab world course: international politics and geopolitical affairs of the Middle East; Israel borders and the territories of the PNA; visit to Tel Aviv (Embassy of Spain) and Jerusalem. (Consulate of Spain, Israel Foreign Ministry and the Holy Places)
Field trip to study the area of deployment of International Peacekeeping Forces and to carry out analysis of the direction, organization and coordination of the resources in the scope of the staff of the Army. The formative coexistence with the military will be done in a military installation.
*The completion of the trips will be conditioned to the institutions disposal and/or the security conditions.
The Master’s degree offers the pupils the chance of studying three essential languages in the context of the international relations and the intelligence, security and geopolitics world.
Our ARAB course includes weekly seminars on the culture, history and Islamic religion given by experts. Also, we put at the disposal of the pupils beginning (or to study in depth) RUSSIAN and FRENCH language courses. The pupils who choose to register for the options “B” or “C“ will be able to choose two of three languages earlier mentioned. Also, for all those pupils who wish it, and independently of its registration, the Master’s degree puts at its disposal a course not included in the enrollment price. It will consist of ENGLISH language focused on the diplomatic, intelligence and international relations spheres.
TO WHOM IS THIS MASTER`S DEGREE DIRECTED TO?
Two types of profiles exist concerning this Master’s degree:
– Professional members of the Armed forces, State’s Security Forces and Private Security professionals.
– Managers of Companies and Intermediate Managers.
– Every person who wants to start a professional life in the fields of the Leadership of the Intelligence, Diplomacy, Counter-terrorism, Immigration, and in the different State matters.
– University graduates and professionals of any career (Postgraduates, Bachelors, Engineers and Architects).
– doctors and PhD students.
– Diplomatic Career students. They will be focused and prepared for the diplomatic career, studying in depth the concepts of the subject (topic by topic) complemented with the following areas: Geo-strategy, Geopolitics, Intelligence, Antiterrorism, Immigration, International Terrorism, Cyberterrorism, Cyber-security, Governance and International security.
INTERNSHIPS AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
The unemployed young students, with an ideal academic performance during the completion of the Master’s degree, will gain access to a remunerated internship (prácticas académicas curriculares. RDL 8/2014) in public Institutions or in national and multinational firms, with a duration of 3 months as Intelligence Analyst (Registered in the Spanish Social security system). During this contract period they will be coached and professionally advised, and also, in accordance with its academic record and its internship evaluation, its CV/résumé will be submitted both to public Institutions and to national and multinational firms.
*Internships are performed in our diplomatic representations, Embassies and Consulates in accordance with the vacancies of the State Department and of Cooperation.
– Intelligence areas in public and private institutions. Community of Intelligence.
– Private security firms.
– Journalism in news agencies.
– Areas of managerial, commercial and economic – financial intelligence.
– Areas of risk analysis.
– Members of management teams and intermediate managers of multinationals.
– International consultancies.
– Diplomatic career.
– State’s Security Forces. (Civil Guard, National police corps, Autonomic Police corps of Spain…)
– Armed forces. (CIFAS, U.M.E. Intelligence Units …)
– International institutions (UNO, IMF, World Bank, CE …)